Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wow. She sure does get around!

A couple of years ago I was doing a search on Craig's List when I found her. I saw a picture and decided that it was worth the 20 minute drive to have a closer look, just to make sure that it was a good fit. There was a nice lady who opened the door and then took me to the garage where I found her huddled in the corner looking very sad and very neglected. My heart melted and I couldn't help myself - I forked out the $25 and gently loaded her up into the back of my van so that I could introduce her to the family. There were lots of 'Ooh's and Ahh's and she was immediately loved by everyone! She seemed to fit in perfectly in our home and we were incredibly pleased because now it felt like a big empty spot was finally filled.

We babied her and loved her and she slowly came out of her drab and depressed state and seemed to really brighten the room. THEN we started getting requests from people to borrow her. Can you imagine? So we'd load her up into the backs of their vans, suburbans and trucks and our home would feel a little empty for a few hours (or days) until she was done partying and decided to come home. Sometimes she'd look a little worse for wear and sometimes she looked down right perky - almost like the mini vacation had added new vibrancy to her naturally drooping features.

I tell you all of this because I want your opinion. We've been asked if we'd be willing to share her again, only this time they want to add a little bling to her for the big event! Should I let her go?






I don't know. Maybe she'll be pretty with twinkle lights on her.

3 comments:

springrose said...

I totaly thought you were talking about a desk or dresser or table or something other then a fake tree!!! Yes, let her get diamonds put on her for just one evening!! She will love you forever for it.

Unknown said...

*giggle* You silly! Every girl needs a little bling!

Hiller Family said...

Lights look amazing, my grandma use to do weddings. couldn't hurt right?