You know how sometimes well meaning people talk us into something that we regret later? It happens to me a lot. Mostly because I'm kind of compulsive but also because, deep down, I'm a people pleaser. I don't generally want to make people mad or disappointed in me so I go along with what they suggest (unless it's REALLY wrong, of course) and then I complain and lament after they're gone.
Case in point:
Last night I needed to go to a program wearing a white shirt. Since most of my white shirts are t-shirts or have a spot on them somewhere I decided that it was time to go on the hunt for a new one. So I trotted down to my favorite store and started to browse. Immediately a sales girl (who is a size double zero) came up to me and offered her expert opinion and services. Here's the problem - I'm so NOT a size double zero. It's hard to take fashion advice from someone who just hasn't been there. But I did. I trailed after her in the store and let her show me every white shirt they had (not much) and tried on a few. Finally I saw one high on the display and asked to try it on. She gushed and gushed when I showed her how it looked and so I bought it. At the time I wasn't sure if I was having hallucinations or not because it looked HORRIBLE to me. But I needed the shirt so I got it and ran out the door. When I put it on last night my mom gave me "the look" which confirmed my fears and so I put on one of my current shirts with the least amount of spots and the new one went back into the sack and will be returned today. I just hope that the double zero isn't there when I go to return it...I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

1 comment:
My problem is I always like things better in the store and then when I get home not so much.
Post a Comment