Monday, February 8, 2010

Snack Time

It doesn't matter what day it is or what I happened to have for breakfast, lunch or dinner - I'm always hungry again about two hours after my last meal. In the morning I usually have some toast or another bowl of Cheerios. Afternoons I eat a handful of almonds and at night it's Captain Crunch. I decided a couple of months ago that I needed to put something in my purse in case I had an out of control fit of hunger while out somewhere. I figured that it was safer for me to have something readily available so that I didn't run to the nearest Sonic and succumb to their heavenly tater tots. (Seriously, they are AWE-SOME!) Mmmmm.....
Anyway. I had gotten some Reese's peanut butter cups for free a couple of months ago and that's what I put in my purse. A) because I really like chocolate and B) because the peanut butter adds protein and is, therefore, good for me. Am I right, or am I right? (just nod your head and say 'yes Amy, you're so SMART!')
So I'm on my way to pick the kids up from school today and I had an emergency stomach growl. It was bad. So I grabbed the beautiful orange package and opened it up. Did I fail to mention that if you have a candy bar in your purse for an extended period of time it will become squished? Well it does. BUT it still tastes just as yummy. In fact, I almost swerved off of the road in an attempt to try to pick all of the chocolatey goodness off of my sweater as I drove. Then the chocolate made me sick. I'm thinking that the creature growing in my belly likes oranges and Captain Crunch a whole lot better than chocolate. Such a bummer.

4 comments:

Karin said...

I must be a boy. I don't know many girls who can resist chocolate.

Karin said...

I meant to say "it must be a boy".

springrose said...

I swear off chocolate during the first half of a pregnancy. Or I throw up just thinking of eating it, especially chocolate cake. I can still remember that coming up many times!!Yuck, did I make you puke? Sorry if I did!!!

Joella Kingsbury said...

Oranges are good any time of the day! Thanks so much for the tip about the buckets. I haven't made it to Costco yet but I asked Paul's deli and they saved me a bunch and I went and got them today.