Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ooh...My Bad!

Saturday night we had a lot of fun spending time as a family, but that's not what this post is about. The reason why I even mention Saturday is to let you know that all was well at the Wixom Zoo. None of the monkeys were behaving out of the ordinary and all of them had their usual spots and bumps. Sunday morning Abbey comes into our room to wake us up and tell us good morning (such a thoughtful little ape) and I notice that her right eye is a little red. I asked her, "What did ya do to your eye Abbey?" She replies, "Oh, I just touched it." Okay, no biggie. She just had some extra oatmeal or cornflakes on her finger from breakfast and now it's swimming around in her eyeball. It'll work it's way out and all will be well with the world again.
So we go to church (minus Jeff and Ian due to the beginnings of colds for both) and I decide to make an exception to let Abbey sit with the people behind us. Normally I'm a pretty tough cookie when it comes to stuff like this (not really) because we want the kids to know that they need to learn to listen while in church and not play. (Come on...how many 5 year olds do you know who could sit through an hour and 15 minutes and be still and quiet the whole time???) Anyway, I explained the corn flake problem to the parents and we all went merrily on our way through the meeting. Afterwards the kids went to their classes and I was trying to figure out a way to ditch mine (I wasn't in the mood). Then Abbey's teacher finds me and tells me that she's not comfortable having someone with pink eye in the classroom and could I please take her home. I tried to explain that it was just a little bit of oatmeal stuck in the corner of her tear duct, but she wouldn't listen. So I hauled my brood home, fed them lunch and realized that Abbey's eye has been red for A. LONG. TIME. Yadda, yadda, yadda... the doctor says it's pink eye. Dang! Sorry, Ellie's mom, for letting my infected and contagious kid sit with you and play with all of your stuff and junk. My bad.
(On the bright side, Ellie didn't get pink eye! YAY!!!!)

3 comments:

Just SO said...

Pink eye is awful!! Glad that Ellie didn't get it!

Hiller Family said...

Oh I hate when that happens, which it has one time or another.

Megan said...

I'm sure glad Ellie didn't get it too! Although I'm sure her mom is a very understanding person and wouldn't have really cared if she did. ;) lol I hope it's clearing up for Abby! No fun!