Valentine's Day at our house has never been a huge event. My perspective has always been that I just want to be remembered. I want to know that my sweetheart took the time to think about what he wanted to do. In the past I've gotten photoshopped pictures of the kids onto some cool background, flowers, letters, etc. This year he took the kids to his parent's house the day before and spent HOURS doing whatever it was they were doing. I was a little miffed that he was gone for so long because he'd just gotten home from an extended business trip out of the country the night before and I was feeling neglected. (I know, I know..."poor Amy" Wahhhhh!) So I woke up yesterday morning and there were homemade cards from the kids and a card from Jeff sitting on the counter. This is what Jeff's card said, "The best type of husband a woman could have is an ARCHEOLOGIST. The older she gets, the MORE interested he is in her." Agatha Christie came up with this fine quote. I laughed and laughed because A) it was entirely unexpected and B) I am an entire 8 DAYS older than Jeff and he delights in rubbing it in my face every year. I told him that it was funny but not very romantical when he said, "Well look on the back!" I turned it over and found this... "I may not be an archeologist, but I love you more and more every year!" Awww.... sweet.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

1 comment:
Very Sweet!
Post a Comment