First of all, I think I'm turning into a cheetah or a giraffe or some other animal that has spots because every time I get out of the shower I end up looking like this.
(never mind the towel on my head or the fact that I'm in serious need of some moisturizer and mascara) Generally the spots go away after about 30 minutes, but until then I really try to embrace my inner cheetah.
Okay, on to the major lessons learned yesterday.
1.) NEVER TRY TO MAKE AND DECORATE TWO SHEET CAKES IN THE SAME DAY AND WHILE ON A TIME CRUNCH. This will cause major stress and a really bad mood for said decorator which will, in turn, put everyone else in a bad mood as she storms around the kitchen mumbling under her breath.
2.) NEVER ALLOW YOUR HUSBAND TO VOLUNTEER YOU TO MAKE 2 SHEET CAKES THAT ARE DUE ON THE SAME DAY. This adds extra stress because she didn't agree on her own AND he's been telling people how great the cakes are going to look. Knowing that there will be 70-80 people walking by the cake table and admiring (or silently criticizing) her creations will add even more anxiety.
3.) WHEN MAKING TWO SHEET CAKES IN THE SAME DAY JUST MAKE 4 THINNER CAKES SO YOU CAN STACK TWO ON TOP OF EACH OTHER INSTEAD OF TRYING TO USE THE CAKE LEVELER TO DIVIDE EACH CAKE IN HALF. Trying to get the top half off of the cake without cracking it or causing some harm to it is nearly impossible and will cause un-lady-like words to escape your mouth (guaranteed).
Here's the end result. Alls I can say is that I'm SUPER GLAD IT'S OVER! Now on to the next cake! Chocolate cake with chocolate filling and covered with chocolate fondant! YUMMY!!!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

5 comments:
Do I dare tell you that you misspelled a word on the cake?
I'm not sure which word you're referring to. They all look correct to me! :)
(Webelos is the only one that looks funny - I looked that one up to make sure.)
I think that they both turned out great!!! What a good job! Just be careful, they may ask you to do it again next year!
I was just kidding about the misspelled word. Just wanted to make you look again :)
They look fantastic! Great job! I miss those scouts so much...
Post a Comment