Friday, April 25, 2008

Wobbly Kiss?


What's a wobbly kiss? Ian and I have a nightly ritual. We go into his room, say prayers and then he climbs into bed where he gets a hug and a kiss. Lately we've been doing our "funny kisses." We do butterfly kisses (where you blink your eyelashes on eachother's cheeks), eskimo kisses (rub you noses together) and upside down kisses (we have to turn our faces upside down and give each other a kiss). The other night Ian said that he had a NEW kiss! He was very excited to show me what it was. I asked him what I was supposed to do and he told me to just hold still! He then lightly rubbed his nose all over my face - don't worry, we were booger free that night. I asked him what we were supposed to call our new kiss and he said it's a wobbly kiss. Pretty soon I'll be in his room for a couple of hours every night with all of the new kisses he's coming up with!

When I was telling Jeff about our new discovery he reminded me that Ian is also the inventor of the "kick-hug." When Ian was about 3 years old, he asked Jeff one time if he could give him a kick-hug and Jeff asked what it was. Ian said, "First I hug you then I kick you!" (Then he kicked Jeff in the shins.) Oh, my creative child... I love him!

3 comments:

Holly said...

That is hilarious! A kick-hug...that is awesome. Great story and what a funny kid!!

Hiller Family said...

I love what kids come up with. But the kick hug seriously I better be careful not to let that get out, my house would go nuts for that one!

Sherri Harward said...

We do the kisses ritual almost every night too. It is harder to do it when I am holding the baby to try and keep her from grabing the night light, so we don't do it as much any more.