Monday, April 7, 2008

Silly Mistakes!!!

Sometimes I make the DUMBEST mistakes! Jeff left to go out of town again this morning. When he is gone I usually lock the garage door that leads to the inside of the house so that the big bad boogey man can't come in and get us. This morning I woke up, put my slippers and jacket on and took Emma to the bus stop. I got home and went to go into the house and THE DOOR WAS LOCKED!!! I had taken my house key off of my key ring on Friday when I borrowed Uncle Lyle's truck to haul the tractor (I needed a key to get into the house and he needed keys to my van in case he needed to move it) and I forgot to put the key back on. I just plopped it into my purse thinking I'd do it later...I never did. I also never take my purse with me when I take Emma to the bus stop so I didn't have the key or a cell phone to call anyone. Ian and Abbey were innocently sleeping in their beds so I was stuck. I decided I'd get some work done while I was outside, so I put Jeff's ginormous & muddy tennis shoes on, got the wheel barrow and went into the backyard to shovel up the rest of the weeds that we'd raked up on Saturday. Every once in awhile I'd knock on the back door to see if kids had woken up yet so they could let me into the house. After about 45 minutes I started knocking again and I saw Ian walk down the stairs and he opened the door. At least the kids slept in, right? Maybe I'll spend some time today finding a good hiding place for a spare key...

3 comments:

Linda Gibbs said...

Oh! I have found a kindred spirit! Don't feel bad. There are others like you and me, I hope!

Hiller Family said...

I think it is a mother thing. We just get overloaded and sometimes have to forget simple things. (like keys) I always appreciate a funny story that I can relate to, so thanks your the BEST!

Joella Kingsbury said...

Sounds like you made the best of it, you are always good about that. Paul wants to come by next week while I am at my sister in laws to help with they yard. Loved the pics you posted!!