Monday, April 28, 2008

mmmmm, cake


I like to try new recipes every once in awhile. It's fun to see if you can make something look as good as the picture and, hopefully, taste good at the same time. I think I managed another winner last night. Eric and Carolyn were coming over for dinner and I wanted an excuse to make something that I wouldn't have if it were just us. I found this recipe in the Taste of Home baking cook book. YUM!!! I must say, it did turn out well. I sent a huge piece home with Eric & Carolyn as well as with our home teachers who came last night. Let me know if you want the recipe...it's GOOD!
Funny story from yesterday... Ian has been playing with a little hand leveler that Jeff's parents gave to him for his birthday. It has a laser on the front of it so that you can attach the level to the wall and then have the beam shine across the wall so that if you're hanging multiple pictures they're all even. Anyway, Ian has decided that the light is pretty cool. Yesterday he came running over to me as I was finishing my dinner and said, "Mom! I did something really cool in the bathroom! You have to come and see it!!!" Kids who do things in the bathroom automatically put me on edge. Mostly it's Abbey, but I still get a little uneasy. I followed him into the bathroom where the lights were off. He then took the laser and shone it into the toilet bowl and lit the whole thing up! It all glowed red and he just beamed up at me. We had to show everyone Ian's new discovery. I'm just glad that he didn't drop the dumb thing INTO the toilet!

2 comments:

Hiller Family said...

Wow your cake looks AMAZING! I need the receipe. As far as mario kart, we love it and it is worth the money. The whole family enjoyed playing it. Darrin and Carsten loved the option of having them ride a motor bike instead of a go kart. I loved my family doing something fun together that wasn't so violent.

Sherri Harward said...

That cake does look amazing. I like to try new receipes too some times. I have started collecting more receipes with some cooking magazines I took from my moms house and a new cook book I just bought. Maybe if I can aford it we could have a better variety of dinners. That would be nice.