Sunday, April 13, 2008

"I have a dirty thumb!" ~ Disney's Robin Hood

Yesterday was a dirty day for us. We cleaned the house a little bit and then went to Eric & Carolyn's house for a BBQ lunch. We weren't dirty yet... Then we went to visit the Lohrengel's at their new house. They were digging trenches for their sprinklers because they don't have grass in their yard yet. The kids stayed at their house with the older teenagers while all of the parents went to the local Lowe's store to get supplies for both of our yards. We got stuff for sprinklers, posts and cement for the fence (23 bags that were 80lbs each!) and we even got a couple of trees to plant. We came home dropped our stuff off and then went back to get the kids. Still not very dirty. Well, Abbey was a little dirtier than when we dropped her off. She'd had an accident while we were gone.
We came home and decided that we needed to fix a water line that had gotten cut earlier in the week first (the water was turned off). Then we wanted to plant the trees. We named them George and Gracie. I don't know why...we just did. The kids were pretty filthy by then. So was Jeff. I was the supervisor so I didn't get too dirty. I was seriously considering getting the garden hose to spray them all off before they came inside but it's still April and the sun was starting to go down. I might have gotten in more trouble than it was worth so we brought them into the house and now they are all bathed and there is a ring of brown around the bathtub. I guess I need to do some more cleaning up...

1 comment:

Hiller Family said...

I'm impressed you have really been working hard to get your yard completed. I want to see some pictures on your blog of the finished project.