Okay, I'm going to swallow my pride and tell you a sad, painful story so that I can possibly spare some of you. As some of you may already know, when a woman starts to have babies or get older the chemicals in her body change. She has NO CONTROL over this and her body kind fo freaks out a little bit. (At least mine did) Anyway, little hairs decide they're going to start sprouting all over the place...mine just happen to be on my chin. I've tweezed and waxed for several years. The only problem with that is that you have to really keep up with it because if you don't the sun will hit the stupid little buggers just right and everyone will see how long that ONE has gotten! Well, when Carmen and I went on our roadtrip to the funeral last week we talked about A LOT of things, one of which is how to deal with stupid facial hair. She told me she uses a cream that she only has to appy once a month. GREAT!! If it means that I can get away from the daily ritual of scrutinizing my chin for little blond hairs, I'm all for it. I got the cream. I read the directions. I did the test spot on the inside of my elbow - no problems. I must admit, I didn't have the patience to wait for 24 hours for the test spot to possibly show reactions - still none today, though.
Anyway, I put the cream on and let it sit for 3 minutes. Then I started to wipe it off - it hadn't worked yet. So I applied a little bit more on the area that I had wiped off. Big mistake... About 30 seconds later it started to tingle, then it started to burn. I got it off as fast as I could and rinsed the residue away. I gave myself BURNS where I had reapplied! I think I actually pealed the first layer of skin away. I would post a picture, but I'm pretty sure that Jeff took the camera with him to Utah this week. So, just a note to all of you mamas that are fighting the bearded look, DON'T REAPPLY!!! Just be willing to wait an extra 30 seconds and then wipe it off. I didn't get burned anywhere else but where I was dumb enough to add more goo. Please feel free to post replies if you've had similar experiences - it would actually make me feel better to know there are others out there. Maybe we could start a support group...
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

1 comment:
Okay I haven't burned my face, but I did burn my eyebrows. I burned them so bad I had sores all over for two weeks. At church everyone asked me what had happen. I learned the hard way also to never reapply. Thanks for being brave enough to post it now I don't feel so alone..
Post a Comment