Monday, April 14, 2008

Pet Peeves


You know when you have a list of things you want to get done? You go down the list and as you complete different tasks you mark them off. My bathrooms were on my to do list and I had just marked them off of the list when "not me" came out of hiding. First let me tell you that my bathrooms sparkled! The mirrors were shining, the faucets were polished and the bathtub had the ring washed off. Ahhh, I love clean bathrooms! Anyway, the kids were asked to go brush their teeth before bed time. We finished the bed time rituals and then settled in to enjoy some time together - Jeff's been out of town A LOT lately.

Anyway, I went into the kids' bathroom this morning and found that "not me" had put too much toothpaste on their toothbrush last night. Instead of rinsing it off or asking for help, "not me" decided to use their finger to get it off and then smeared it all over the counter. My once sparkling bathroom is now defiled and I have another item to add to my to do list. I wish that "not me" would learn how to use restraint when squeezing the tube of toothpaste.

3 comments:

Joella Kingsbury said...

Toothpaste seems to get everywhere. I had to clean some off the bathroom floor just this morning so I wouldn't step in it. I love those automated toothbrushes but there is all kinds of spots on my kid's bathroom mirror all the time thanks to automated toothbrushes. Let me know if you find away to conquer toothpaste trails.

Hiller Family said...

I love it's not me or I don't know who did it? Carsten now uses the phrase I don't know what happened it was the bad part of my brain, and I couldn't stop it. I always have to giggle under my breath of course. But at least in your heart you knew at one point you bathrooms sparkled that's the best!

Linda Gibbs said...

Wow! "Not me" really travels. He visits a lot of homes really fast. Like Santa! Only the "presents" "not me" leaves behind aren't much fun!