Tuesday, April 22, 2008

KIDS!!!!

Whew. I'm glad today's over! Sometimes I don't like being a mom and today was one of those times. I think the kids all conspired against me...they know that Dad's coming home tomorrow night and that I'm close to my whit's end so they get together and decide that they're going to do everything they can to tick me off. Emma's favorite word today is "no". Everytime I asked her to do anything she immediately said no. I don't think she really even thought about it before it came out of her mouth. I could have told her that the sun is yellow and she would have said, "No it's not, it's green!" just to annoy me. And Ian's new way of communicating is to scream if he doesn't get his way. I think he's regressing. I finally told him that he would get soap in the mouth if he kept it up. Maybe hot sauce on the tip of the tongue would work better. I also hear that spices taste pretty nasty. Any ideas? I'm just tired of the noise.
Abbey was actually pretty good today. We had extra kids come over at the last minute tonight so that we could tend them and she was probably the best one. Okay, except at dinner time...she didn't want to eat tonight. One of the kids who were here cried the whole time because he was tired and hungry despite all of our efforts to comfort him. Poor kid. I'm glad he went home, though. He needed his mommy. Plus, I'm not so good with other people's kids. I don't have the patience that people need for babysitting. Does anyone want a couple of redheads? I'll pay the shipping...

3 comments:

Joella Kingsbury said...

Amy you make me feel so normal. Kids can be just wonderful some days!! We do the soap thing and it works great. The kids hate it.

Hiller Family said...

I think all stay home moms feel that exact way. I'm always so impressed with how you handle you kids with Jeff out of town so much. Just keep in mind your my inspiration!

Linda Gibbs said...

2 words. AMEN, SISTERS!!!!
We're all in together, Amy. Remember that. Just vent. We all understand.