A couple of days ago Auntie Ellen gave me some blog topics to help me boost my brain power. She said that she'd blog about the same thing I do every day until Christmas and it's been fun. I have to admit that she's a much more creative blogger than I am, but that makes it more fun to read her posts. Anyway, one of the topics she suggested was this...
Did you know that there are many uses for pantyhose than just for your legs?
1. If you're going to rob a bank, obviously a nice pair in a brown or black would be a great choice. Probably you don't want the control top because you wouldn't want to strangle yourself. Just sayin'. You don't even necessarily need a new pair either. Having a few runs in them would just throw off the witness descriptions, so go to your pantyhose drawer and pick a pair!
2. My mother in law uses old pantyhose for her onions. Weird, I know, but it works to keep your onions fresher. You put an onion in the toe and then tie a knot above it. Throw another one in and continue the process. Mmmm.... fresh onions with just a little bit of toe jam - DElish!
3. Keeping a spare pair in the car is ALWAYS a great idea. If a belt breaks you've got another one ready to go! Or you could just strip on the side of the road and use the ones you're already wearing. Just keep in mind that it could be snowing on the day you may need to expose your rear end to save your engine.
4. Another mother in law use: Camp soap! She gets an old bleach bottle and fills it with water then pokes a hole toward the bottom and stops it up with a golf tee. Next she drops a bar of soap into the toes of her latest tragic pantyhose disaster and ties it to the handle of the bottle. Voila! A bar of soap AND water to wash your hands. I think we've been using the same bar of soap for hand washing while camping since I've known her... hmmm, that's kinda gross.
5. Do you remember those creepy dolls that people used to make out of pantyhose? They'd stuff them with batting and then sew buttons on for eyes. It freaked me out a bit and I was never a fan but the Relief Society made them a couple of times when I was a kid for their homemaking meeting.
K. I can't think of any more reasons to keep pantyhose around. Do you have some? Maybe you use them in place of a colander when you strain your pasta? Do you stretch them between a couple of sticks and use them to skim the bugs from your pool? Inquiring minds want to know!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

4 comments:
Dang girl!!! The bar is set high. You seriously stole all of my suggestions but one. Back to the brain board!
Aunt Simona,
I use them to tie the tomato plants. Take a pair of scissors, You have to tackle one leg at a time. Start from the toes and work yourself up towards the crotch . Measure 1 inch as you go and snip away. They are nice and strong and sturdy.
Using knee highs or old nylons are all the rage for baby head bands. They are wider and stretchy and you can sew them on a sewing machine! Just put a cute clip with it and you are ready to dazzle all the crowds!!
I was going to mention the baby head bands thing. I've also seen my mother in law use them to dry corn on the cobs from her garden. I think the possibilities are endless when it comes to pantyhose. Speaking of which...I need to go buy some black ones.
Post a Comment