Sunday, December 20, 2009

Another List

I don't like to do regular grocery shopping. I like to go to sales and use my coupon super powers, but regular shopping sucks. I usually only go to two stores when I have to do the monthly list (yes, I only do regular grocery shopping once a month). Costco and the Mart store. Sometimes I call the Mart store Wally World. Ruthie calls it Walmark. Whatever you call it I'm sure you all agree that it's a pain in the bahookie to shop there. Here are the reasons why I would never shop there if I didn't hate shopping so much. (Better to go to the place that has most everything on your list than go to 4-5 different stores.)

1. The checkers are semi-grouchy. You can tell that they've been on their feet for 15+ hours and they just want to soak them in some Epsom salts.

2. Ummm...let's just say that there isn't always a high degree of quality to their non-food items. This is why we never buy clothes there.

3. It stinks. The place has a distinct odor that is impossible to get out of my nostrils for at least an hour after I leave. Bleh.

4. People. There are lots and lots of people there. Always. All the time. Even at midnight.

5. They're mean. Jeff's aunt slipped on a wet floor earlier this year and they told her that she would've fallen anyway because she was so decrepit that she was unstable and would've fallen no matter where she was shopping that day. What a load of crap! She broke her wrist and had to have pins put in. She can't close her hand into a fist right now and can barely button her pants in the morning. They're a billion dollar company - they can spare some change to pay for her medical bills. Cheapskates.

Okay, I'm done now. Thanks for listening to the rant. Go check out Auntie Ellen's list today too.

4 comments:

Karin said...

We also hate the Wal-mart. Corey refuses to go there anymore. So we spend a little more each month on groceries so we can avoid the black hole that wal-mart is.

Hiller Family said...

I hate grocery shopping period, it doesn't matter where it is..:) Love the post!

Heatherlyn said...

My little kids have always called it walmark too.

The one in Nampa is awful. The one off of franklin isn't so bad, although they don't keep enough check-out stations open. It's not horribly crowded most of the time. But what I hate is how the trend of the last year or two has been to limit brands that they sell. So you have ONE option for your type of pasta, deoderant, etc. I like options. They have fewer options every time I go there. But some of their items are less expensive so we still go there for those things.

Ellen said...

Hey!! Where'd you go??