Okay, Auntie Ellen has challenged me and I've decided to accept. She's decided that she'll help me with blog ideas until I can regain my creative bug (we'll see how it goes). Every day until Christmas we're going to pick a random word or question and blog about it. Maybe you could do the same if you're lacking creativity this holiday season? It'll be fun. We'll call it the Semi-Great Blog Experience. Catchy name, eh? Maybe it'll get those writing juices flowing to the point that we're all crying "UNCLE!" to stop the on-slaught of ideas.
Today's Topic: Tinsel.
I'm sorry, but when I think if tinsel all that comes to mind is that movie "A Christmas Story" with Ralphie and that hideously ugly, and ginormous, Christmas tree that looked like the tinsel threw up all over it. And the leg lamp and how we really want to get one for Jeff's dad for Christmas one year because his mom would react the same way that Ralphie's did. And then my mind wanders through the movie and I start to think about how cold it is outside and how what's-his-name was dumb enough to accept the dreaded triple dog dare to stick his tongue to the flagpole. Which, by the way, a kid did in Boise this last week (he was only double dog dared, though). They called the fire department to rescue his taste buds. I guess if you want your fifteen minutes of fame, that's the way to do it, at least during winter.
What were we talking about? Oh yeah! Tinsel! It's really a pointless decoration, wouldn't you say? By the time the season is over and it's time to kick the tree to the curb you've got little pieces of tin foil all over your house! It's kind of like Ian's room right now, lots of crap all over and no matter what you do you step in it. Give me a nice, artificial, pre-lit tree any day! I'll put all the bulbs and other decorations you'd like me to on it! Heck, I'll even load it up with more lights ('cause that's how my mama likes it), just don't make me try to put tinsel on it and call it "a pretty tree" - it ain't gonna happen, friend.
Do you have ideas that you'd like to see me or Auntie Ellen blog about? Bring 'em on! I'm up for anything you can throw at me!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

1 comment:
I actually bought a string of lights with the "leg" from the Christmas story on it for my dad for Christmas!!! I couldn't resist!! Go to LTD catalog, they even have the big leg lamp!!!
Post a Comment