Thursday, March 5, 2009

I didn't really mean it, I PROMSE!!!

I know I said yesterday that I might go and pinch one of the kids so I'd have something to blog about, but I didn't mean it. And I wasn't the one who did the pinching this time. You see, little brothers can be a little annoying to big sisters sometimes and so they feel the need to take matters into their own hands. The little brother just wants to hang out with the cool older sister and so follows her around wherever she may go. She starts to feel the little hairs on the back of her neck stand up and then realizes that he's breathing on her, he's so close. So what does she do? She goes to her room. And, as she's slamming the door in his face, he puts his hands up to stop her. Thus the inevitable happens. He ends up screaming and mom is sitting downstairs thinking, "If he's really hurt he'll come find me." (Psst...please, please tell me you do that too!)So, 2.6 seconds later the younger brother comes down the stairs with big sister holding his hand and saying, "It was an accident, I SWEAR! I didn't mean it!" He's starting to hyperventilate because he's in so much pain. I look down and see a white diagonal crease in his finger and then realize that it's been smashed in the door. So now I have a question for you all - how can you tell when a finger is broken? Because it's now swollen and he can't bend it straight. Well, he's refusing to move it at the very least. He woke up this morning and seems to feel better, though. Just to be on the safe side I think that from now on I'm going to wish for money or for it to rain chocolate, or something.


P.S. My friend, Matt, has started a very thought provoking new blog. Go check it out - read the first post first, though, so it makes more sense. (Don't worry, there's only two posts on there so far.) I think you might enjoy what he has to say about married life.

3 comments:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Thanks for the insight on the new blog...I love stuff like that!

And I do that to, I figure if they are hurt badly enough SOMEONE will come and get me.

I broke my finger...I couldn't tell though, it just hurt like CRAZY!

Just SO said...

I totally wait to see if they come and find me. If he can't straighten it out I would take him in for an xray just to be certain everything is ok. Which I hope everything is.

Heatherlyn said...

Oh yes, I totally do that. And it is totally true. If the kids are hurt badly enough they will find you, or someone will find you and tell you.

We've never had a broken finger. That one's kind of tough. I think if my child couldn't bend it without shrieking in pain for a full 24 hours I would take them into the doctor, if it weren't totally obvious. Or, if even a week later they still flinched in pain when moving it even if it didn't bother them most of the time I would probably take them in.

I'll go check out that other blog. :)