Tonight was a church get together with all of the ladies in the area. We were asked to be there at 5pm so that we could chat and have a light dinner and then move into the chapel for the meeting. Several women and I were asked to sing a song to start the meeting, which meant that I had to go. I was committed. Forget that Jeff has been gone for the last 6 days and just got home last night, or that he has to leave again Monday morning! *pfft* Listen, I'm all for uplifting messages and sisterly bonding, but I figure that I'm attached to this man for eternity so I'd better want to spend time with him, right? So, we get there and find a lovely table to sit at and begin to eat our little sandwiches with fruit & veggies. As a side note, the chocolate cupcakes were to die for!!! Seriously, if we did nothing else but just go for the cupcakes, it would have been worth it.
Anyway, we finished our little meal and were chatting with each other when the person in charge announced that it was time to move into the chapel so that we could proceed with the evening. My fellow singers and I (well, 2 of the other singers and I) all had made plans before we were asked to sing but figured that we could squeeze it in. We decided that we'd sing our song and then just keep on walkin' out the door instead of returning to our seats at the back of the room. Which, by the way, can I just tell you that I know that the good Lord answers prayers? Wanna know how I know? 'Cause my throat's been feeling pretty scratchy and sore the last couple of days and I wasn't sure that I could sing very well tonight so I said a prayer. I asked Him to just make my voice strong enough so that I could make it through that song and then He could let me get on with getting over my stupid cold. Well, we sang so great that I'm positive He had a hand in it. I think I saw a tear glistening in some one's eye as I walked toward the exit. *sniff* Then I went to the redbox and returned our movies and bought some Girl Scout cookies from the poor little girls that were sitting there freezing their buns off. Jeff and I are snuggling eating Samoas right now while the rest of those ladies are still sitting in the chapel. I'm okay with that today.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

6 comments:
I'm glad you got some snuggle time with your husband and that you were nice enough to go and sing. I don't know that I would have done that. I don't know that my husband would have been understanding enough for me to do that. Have a nice weekend with your hubby!
I am glad you still got some snuggle time, heaven knows you deserve it.
I'm just as likely to leave early from an event because I really just want to be at home. I don't think I'll feel guilty about it any more. :) I'm glad you got some time with your husband.
Whad does he do for a living anyway?
I Love Samoas too. They are my favorite! Did you know that sometimes they have samoa ice cream by Dreyer's. Yummy! Wish I could have been there to see you all sing!
Ha Ha! YOu crack me up! I takes a real saint to show up at the dinner (cupcakes or not), remember to say her prayers, and bless the sisters in song, return those movies (maybe that's why blockbuster has been giving me harassing phone calls...Hmmm...), buy those cookies from the poor, frozen bummed girl scouts, make time to spend with the hubby, AND blog. I'm uber awed.
Ha ha ha! Savannah and I left after the "dinner" and went to Red Robin. Sorry we didn't hear you sing, but if we stayed nobody would have heard you because our tummies were growling so loudly!
Post a Comment