Monday, January 25, 2010

Things I Learned This Weekend

1. It's okay to stay in your pajamas all day long. But when the missionaries come over to use the bathroom and get a drink of water, you must dash into your bedroom to put on a bra.

2. I can make it through Sacrament Meeting with the kids by myself but only if I sit next to Todd and Christen and only if I'm clever enough to remember to bring Smarties from last Valentine's Day to bribe them to SHUSH.

3. Smarties get sticky in sweaty hands and they're easily lost under the benches.

4. I get up, on average, 3-ish times each night to pee. Regardless of how much water I did/didn't drink before bedtime. (I'm pretty sure it's only going to get worse...)

5. Getting up at 6am to get kids out to the bus on time isn't so bad as long as I know I can go back to bed after they're gone.

6. Two breakfasts are okay. One bowl of Cheerios at 7:02 (when kids are outta here) and one at 9:38 (when I finally crawl out of bed for the second time.)

7. Abbey is one happy camper if I can get her to come into bed with me and watch cartoons until 9:38. If not, the new gallon of milk is gone and my kitchen is a war zone when I make my way there at 9:38 (or 9:40 if I have to pee on my way).

What magical little tidbits did you figure out this weekend?

2 comments:

Just SO said...

I learned that when a birthday girl doesn't get enough sleep she gets extra grouchy by the end of the day.

Unknown said...

Pajamas all day are the jam!

And, two breakfasts go with that. I had Cap'n Crunch two nights last week.