This could be my daughter some day...
Let me explain. Jeff and I (mostly Jeff) have decided that we need to get more organized. I guess it's a resolution for the new year - we'll see how long the rest of the family can keep up. Anyway, he (I mean WE) decided that we needed to organize ourselves so that we can more easily find things and so that we don't feel like we're living in a crowded mess. We started with the office and then moved into our bedroom. I'm amazed with all I was able to find on the top shelf of the closet! Next we moved on to Ian's room and it wasn't too bad. THEN...*deep breath*...we tackled the girl's room. (Insert scary music here) I went into the room armed with a new box of garbage bags and started with the closet. In the end I walked out dragging FOUR garbage bags filled with every paper that Emma has ever drawn on, McDonald toys going back 3 years and candy wrappers from Halloween that had made their home under the bed. The desk drawers were crammed so full that we had a hard time getting them open, the dresser was stuffed to the top, the closet - oh the closet - was just a scary mess.
Now there is a garbage can sitting nicely next to the dresser and the desk has little organizing containers to hold her hair things, nail polish, pencils, etc. "Everything has it's place, you know!" (That's his, I mean OUR, new mantra)
Thankfully, Emma was relieved instead of mad. So hopefully I've nipped the hoarding tendencies in the bud. If not, then she'll go to therapy later in life and blame me and all of her problems on the fact that I threw away the picture she colored when she was three.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

1 comment:
This sounds just like my daughters room!! I try to go through stuff every month and still it amazes me how much junk they have in there room!!! I remember being that way when I was little, every piece of paper was "special". Now I understand where my poor sister who is 8 years older then me was coming from when she wanted me to throw stuff away.
Post a Comment