This summer we decided that it was time to put the kids in swimming lessons. They love the water and I'm getting a little tired of trying to find arm floaties that will fit a 9 year old's arms. So, we signed up with the rec center and we started on Monday. There are several locations that we could've chosen from, I opted for the cheapest price which put us at "Lakeview Park". The 'lake' is a duck pond.
Anyway, I'm kind of glad we picked this location because it's outside which gives me the wonderful opportunity to turn a nice shade of pink (which gets closer to red with each day of lessons) and temporarily leave my albino-self behind. The pool also has several toys and a slide that don't tempt the children AT ALL because of the wonderful parenting that I have acquired...ahem.
There are several classes that are conducted at the same time by 19-20 year old bronze goddesses that my children love. They're funny and are able to teach the kids without them realizing that they're actually learning something.
My favorite to watch is Ian. Why? Partially because he's so excited just to be there, but also because he thinks he's an Olympic athlete already and that he knows more than his teacher. As I scan the pool to check on my off-spring, I'll often see him with his head under water and his feet & arms moving fiercely. Too bad he doesn't quite know how to be productive with all of that energy, because he stays in one place. It's like those bath toys that have rudders going in two different directions...FUNNY! Yesterday his teacher says, "Ian I really need you to keep your head above water, 'kay bud?" He ducked back under the second the teacher's back was turned...hehehehehe...
Only 7 days of lessons left and I'm sure that Ian will be the next Michael Phelps. I guess I'd better start dusting off the trophy case.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

3 comments:
When I use to teach swimming lessons you always had an "Ian" hehe, and guess what, they always ended up being one of your favorites anyway!
Oh, that's funny! Good luck with your kids! My kids didn't catch on to swimming as quickly as I would have liked. The older two are pretty good ... we've been so busy that they haven't had lessons the last 2 years! I maybe should get on that ... maybe next summer :)
I learned to swim in a lake and... except for the leaches I became a good swimmer.
I've always known that your kids were cute but creative?
My oldest daughter is a redhead. I've nicknamed her Red after the Kate Hepburn character in The Philadelphia Story.
Keep swimmin'.
Post a Comment