Monday, June 15, 2009

Roughing It

First of all, let me apologize for the sporadic posting lately. I've been a bit under the weather and just haven't been up to it. My bad. It's not going to get any better, at least for the next week. You see, I get to go to Girl's Camp this year. I'm trying to decide if it's a good thing or if I need to be scared. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a week long camping trip with a bunch of hormonal 12-17 year old girls. We commune with nature, go on hikes, cook over a fire and, in the end, try to help the girls strengthen their relationship with the Lord. It's usually a lot of fun and we all have a pretty great time. Except this year I heard that one of the older girls has decided that she wants to be the prankster of camp. *sigh* When I heard that she wanted to play some jokes on people (mostly the leaders) I had to tell her that I'm super good at pay-backs...we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, my sister is hanging out with the kids so that they don't set anything on fire while I'm gone and Jeff's in Manila - bless her heart. Hopefully nobody breaks any bones or catches any diseases. I'll be taking lots of pictures and will update you next week when I'm home and recovered.

Pray for me...

4 comments:

Ellen said...

I'm going to our camp too! I'll pray for you, you pray for me!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

OH MY GOSH you are going STRAIGHT to heaven!!! I could never do that!!!

Heatherlyn said...

I'm going to girls camp too at the end of July. I'm not sure what to think about that yet. Good luck!!

shanl said...

so? Did you survive? I did see you at church today, so I know you are here in body at least. But what I am wondering is if you survive the mental strain???