Monday, June 22, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggedy-Jig

Girl's Camp. We left early Tuesday morning and when we got up to camp there were lots of things to do. We walked from the trailer, up the hill to the cabin and then back down the hill to the trailer again. Then up the hill again as we emptied the trailer of all of our crap. Lots of crap. Then we tried to not break any limbs as we went down the half rotted rail-road ties that served as stair steps on our way to the first flag ceremony. The leaders of the camp this year put together a song book for all of the girls full of fun camp songs to sing. *sigh* Too bad the girls only knew 3 of them... by dinner time I was ready to suggest "It's a Small World After All" from that annoying Disneyland ride! After the flag ceremony we trucked back up the dissolved wood steps and further up a ridiculously steep hill so that we could learn a new dance at the pavilion. Lots of dancing. Shelle would have LOVED it!
I begged off a nature hike and went to the cabin to lay down on the bunk. There was lunch, more singing, crafts, some dutch oven cooking, harmless pranks that made us all laugh, an awesome presentation of The Ten Virgins and roasting Starbursts over a campfire (YUM!). All of this in the first day. Then, too bad for me, I had to go home before I could even experience the feeling of sleeping on a plywood bunk and freezing my little toe off! I feel seriously jipped.
Why did I go home? Well, I thought I was doing just hunky-dory when I left for camp and by the time dinner was done, so was I. I got home super late at night and crashed for several hours. I got up and made a visit to my fabulous doctor and now I get to spend time in bed for awhile. I'm heading back to see the man in a week and then we'll know what's up. Until then I'm hoping that y'all have ideas on how to keep my bored self occupied. SERIOUSLY. It's only been 6 days and I'm ready to cry at the thought of being in this stupid bed for very much longer.
Before too long I'll be like Homer on The Simpsons who has his rear end permanently molded in his couch, except it'll be my whole body in my bed. BAH!
Okay, enough complaining! (Thanks for letting me whine though.)

4 comments:

The Giles Files said...

I hope you feel better soon. As for ideas to prevent boredom...hmmmm...you could always take up knitting :) tehehe

AW Cake! said...

Yeah, very funny! Actually, I've started cross-stitching. Don't laugh.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

K glad you had a good time, but HONESTLY girl, you need to STOP getting sick!

Shelle said...

S'up???