Did you know that 16 years ago my life changed forever and at the time I didn't even know it? I was working at a little mom & pop drive-thru in our itty bitty little town and I thought I was Da Bomb! Yes, I was a short, hormonal, 16 year old girl but I felt like I was on top of the world? Why? Because at an employee meeting sitting across the room from me was this super tall, super hot red-head and I thought I was in love, even though I didn't know his name. I think the only reason why I liked him at first was because of the color of his hair. Lame, I know. What can I say? I had a thing for red-heads.
Anyway, he was awkward around me but we seemed to do okay. I thought he'd NEVER ask me out but he finally did and we had a fun time. We dated on and off for the next 3 years until he went on a mission for our church. He was gone for TWO YEARS! (That's forever in the life of a 20-year-old-hormonal-single-adult, by the way.) Don't get me wrong, I dated other guys and generally had a great time, but in the back of my mind I was always missin' my red-head.
So he got home and a year later we were married. Awww....happy endings. But wait! It gets better! He promised to love me and take care of me forever too and guess what? He has. It's been 10 years, 3 kids and 3 homes later but I still miss him like crazy when he has to travel for work and I still get giddy (and a little nervous) when it's getting close to the time he's supposed to come home. I can honestly say that I married one of the good guys. In fact, he's one of the best guys out there. I love you, honey. Happy anniversary...here's to another 10 years and more.
Oh! Guess what we did to celebrate 10 fabulous years? We went to Europe...remember?
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

5 comments:
10 years! Congratulations! Josh and I love you guys! When are we getting together? Honestly, it has been too long! Hugs & Kisses from us.
Congrats on ten years! What a fun anniversary present!
Love it!! Congrats to both of you. And you really DID marry one of the GOOD guys!!
Yay! 10 years! Aren't the good guys the best???
Congratulations on 10 years! I'm glad you were able to celebrate!
Post a Comment