Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Open For Business

We have a new summer schedule for the kids. Actually I'm recycling it from last year but it seems to be working pretty well. I let the kids have free time in the morning but they have to be dressed and breakfast needs to be done by 10am. Other than that, they're free to do whatever they want. But when 10:00 rolls around they have to turn the tube off and get to work on whatever chores Mom has assigned them for the day. Well, I knew something was up yesterday when Emma woke up and immediately started on her chores. She was done with ALL of them (except her 30 minutes of reading time) by 9:15. This immediately made me suspicious of her motives. What kid likes to get up and do chores instead of being a couch potato??? So I started snooping around. Nothing. Her bedroom door was littered with the normal little signs that she's taped to it over the last 6-8 months - you know, stuff like "girls ONLY!" or "Don't come in or you're DEAD MEAT!" stuff like that.
So she gets dressed and comes downstairs with her little sis and they've got several pieces of paper in their hands. They wanted to go deliver their 'fliers' around the neighborhood so that they could get customers. Huh? So I made them show me what the papers said. Apparently we are opening up a Buty Shop and a Restraunt (her spelling, not mine). They wanted to share their unique abilities with the people of our neighborhood. *sigh* I agreed but only if they would take the fliers to people they knew, no one else. The last thing I need is some perv knocking on my door because he wants to get his hair done in our Buty Shop!


Not to be out done, Ian soon announced the grand opening of his new place as well. He was now the owner of an 'Animal Take Care Of' shop and was having 'Kung Fu Class' for any interested. I think Jeff took the beginner Kung Fu course and several stuffed animals boarded with him for the day.

4 comments:

Thanks to the keeper of the stars said...

That is so cute! You have creative kids! Do they do nails at the buty shop? I need an appt!

Jennifer Edwards said...

muahahahahah! that's awesome! what creative little minds your monkey's have ;0

Linda Gibbs said...

I love it!! Ya know, Grandma Ruthie loves to get her hair and nails done! Have to let her know

Shelle said...

Sweet! Maybe you need to post a video of Jeff and Ian doing some Kung Fu.