Thursday, October 1, 2009

PB&J anyone?

This is what my kitchen/dining room looked like this morning when I woke up...


Then the plumber came and this is what my bathroom looked like.

You know, people make a lot of jokes about plumbers. I think that's kind of mean. They're just guys who are trying make a buck. But, I just have to say, that guy cracked me up! I could tell he had a good sense of humor AND he must have a pretty thick skin for this cold weather because he didn't feel a draft or anything.
The only thing I'm left wondering is how I'm supposed to go potty? Do I spend the time praying that I have a good aim? Or do I go to the neighbor's house and ring their doorbell while trying to be discreet about my potty dancing technique?

This is what my floor looks like now.


I'm hoping that it'll go back to normal soon - I don't want to have nail pokes in my feet when I wake up in the morning and walk in with bare feet to get some Cheerios. Oh wait. My fridge and stove are on vacation in the living room for the next 24 hours so we'll be eating PB&J for all of our meals.

2 comments:

Trooper Thorn said...

Exciting! If your marriage can survive a kitchen reno, it can survive anything.

Just SO said...

Oh that looks so exciting!! I can only dream right now and will live with the holes in my linoleum a little bit longer.

Good luck with that potty dance.