Wednesday, October 14, 2009

When Mommy's Away, Abbey Will Play


Today started VERY early for me. I woke up at 5:03 and peeked at the clock. Then I woke up at 5:11 and peeked again. This continued every 7 - 8 minutes until the alarm clock started screaming at me at 5:32. Today was a super awesomely fantastic grocery sale and I had COUPONS!!! Yee-haw! So, of course, I had to be at the door breathing heavily on the glass and fogging it up by the time they opened at six. (DUH) I got lots of cereal and brownie mixes and other empty caloried snacks for super cheap and did the happy dance as I scooted my over-flowing grocery cart out to the 'Burb.

Then I came home and chucked bags at the front door as my mom came hobbling out with her cane and did a Super Man leap into the front seat. We went to Kohl's for a $5 toaster and then zoomed out to the hospital. Mom's having surgery next week and we needed to synchronize our watches with the nurses and cafeteria workers.

Anyway, while we were gone, Abbey got to stay home with her dad. (I'll bet she was doing the super happy dance when she figured out we weren't coming right back.) Dad lets her do whatever she wants, usually. She gets to watch as much Dora and Spongebob as she wants PLUS she gets to play on nickjr.com until her brain starts to leak out her left ear PLUS she gets to make her own lunch. These are the days that I come home and we're magically missing 1/2 a jar of peanut butter and most of the gummy bears. She's been bouncing off the walls most of the day. I know it's been a successful day when I come home and the house hasn't been burnt down, the toilet water is still IN the toilet and the walls are still their original color. Check, check AND check!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm glad both you and Abby got to have fun! Speaking of killer shopping prowess, can I be on your email list again?? (Our email changed when we moved) The new one is heidicondie-at-gmail. Thanks, Super Woman!