Monday, September 7, 2009

Weekend of fun.

This weekend we decided that we'd take a road trip to Eastern Idaho. I know, you're all jealous because YOU wanted to go too. Maybe next time we can squeeze you into the 'burb'. (Back seat, though. Beggars can't be choosers.)
It's been awhile since we visited some of Jeff's family members and so we decided to impose on them for a bit until they got their fill of our craziness. It was fun. Then we decided to come home. Can anyone tell me, by the way, why it is that the trip home always feels way longer than the trip there??? I can't figure it out. It can't be because kids didn't sleep more than 6 hours each night (and neither did I) that we were there. Or that the DVD player was acting up. Or that Abbey had a sudden and complete panic attack because the Bug Juice she drank an hour and a half earlier was suddenly ready to vacate her body and there was NOWHERE for her to go. Nope couldn't have been anything like that. Maybe it's because Southern Idaho looks like the great and spacious building, minus the building. It's a whole lotta nothing, my friends. If you like brown fields followed by more brown fields, Idaho is the place for you!
I think I'm road tripped out for now and am super glad that school FINALLY is starting tomorrow so that there are no more excuses for long rides of torture. What about you? What did you do this weekend?

1 comment:

Goob said...

I sat in my mother in law's great and spacious recliner for 6 hours. That was fun...Did I mention my husband was not there?