Can you hear them? Aren't they heavenly??? I can hear them perfectly this morning! Wanna know why? Because it's THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! *insert crazy redhead doing the super happy dance here*
Some of you may be wondering what's wrong with me. Why would any mother be dancing in her flannel nightgown at 6:30 in the morning on the first day of school? Doesn't she LOVE her kids??? Of course I love my kids. They're just driving me completely and totally N.U.T.S. Seriously, summer has lasted entirely too long and I'm jumping for joy, even as I type. (I'm so talented!)
Anyway, I woke up early this morning because I'm determined to be Martha Stewart-ish in the mornings and actually COOK breakfast for my kids. No cold cereal here! This morning I made jam filled cinnamon-ie muffins. I know, I know. You're all impressed - hold your applause, please.
THEN I did my kids' hair! This is a huge thing for me because they usually are in charge of doing their own hair in the morning. Not today, not when I'm channeling Martha! I pulled out the curling iron and. turned. it. ON before doing Emma's hair
I even pulled out the tub-o-gel for Ian's mane. I was in a groove and am currently very impressed with myself. 
Jeff and I took the kids to school, pecked them on the cheek and gave them a squeeze before shoving them through the door of the classroom. "See you at 3:30!" I said. Then we did the happy dance as we skipped to the car. (Again with the super talent!)
Abbey just got out of the bathtub and is dressed and fed. We're just waiting for a few minutes before we head out the door for pre-school.
Hoo-yeah! I get a whole hour and a half to myself today! What am I going to DO with all of that free time?!?!?!? Any ideas? Pass them along! I'm a new woman today and am up for anything...mostly.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

3 comments:
First day of school at my house my mom would always rearrange all the furniture in the house! It always freaked me out when I would get home!
Okay! We have been in school for two weeks!
Welcome to the cool club!
Bubble bath, Swedish massage, bon bons.
Post a Comment