Thursday, September 17, 2009

Empty Cup?

I'm overwhelmed.



28 Cups of various peppers.



10 Cups of Cantaloupe from my garden.

Plus I just canned 100 pounds of pears. Now I'm waiting for the rest of my tomatoes to ripen so I can finish making salsa. There are also about 10 cantaloupe still in the garden waiting to ripen so that I can cut them up and freeze the extra. PLUS it's onion harvesting season in Idaho and the cheapskate in me can't help but stop on the side of the road and pick up all of the onions that have fallen off of the onion trucks. (Okay, so my mom hops out after I slam on the brakes. That's the passenger's job, btw.)

My cup runneth over...anyone want to come and fill theirs?

2 comments:

Karin said...

my mom used to make me run out and get the onions on the side of the road. It was a little embarrassing. Now I would probably do the same thing.

Megan said...

It just crushes my heart every time I have to pass by a perfectly good onion on the side of the road because SOMEONE *ahem* Spencer... won't let me pick them up. So sad.