
Remember how I channeled Martha for a bit? She and I were ONE! She enabled me to be the ultimate stay at home mom. I was making eggs and muffins for breakfast, I was waking the children up with a loving hug and even had their lunches packed the night before. I rocked. And then the 4th day of school happened to be on a Friday - so evil. Then the fifth day happened to be on a Monday that followed a particularly busy weekend. I guess I wasn't impressive to Martha anymore because she left and the kids had to eat *gasp* cold cereal for breakfast! The shame. Shame on Martha for leaving. Maybe she got arrested again and had to do "time in da slamma!" Or maybe she had to film a new episode for her TV show or pose for the cover of the next edition of her magazine. What ever the reason, I'm sorely disappointed. I tried it on my own this morning, though. I only hit the snooze once and I did put a bra on before I started breakfast. That's a good start, right? I even managed to burn a couple of pieces of French Toast and served it with over cooked scrambled eggs for breakfast. Maybe I can impress Martha tomorrow with my expertise in popping open a can of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls and she'll come crawling back so that I can teach HER a thing or two. (Yeah. Cuz that'll happen.)
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

6 comments:
Your so funny! At my house it is muffins from Costco, Eggo waffels or cold cereal. Some of the daycare girls won't eat eggs, so we are limited on what we can make. Only on special occasions do I do Pillsburry cinnamon rolls!
Same thing happened here. (Well not the channeling Martha - she would never be caught dead associating her name with my face...I would be a deep embarrassment for her). But, I told myself, that this year would be different. My kids were going to have a good breakfast - one that will stick to the ribs. And you know what? I lasted a whole 2 days before gratefully breaking open that new box of cold cereal.
But you see, at least your heart is in the right place (among other things hehe - the bra comment had me rolling - yes it was funny - but so true here!)
don't be too hard on yourself. i'm happy if I make a warm breakfast once or twice a week. I think it would be a really good idea to make muffins because you can make those ahead of time. I even saw these muffin things that are actually made with eggs and sausage and can be quickly reheated in the microwave.
OK, I haven't tried this yet, but I read that eggs can be scrambled and stored in a resealable plastic bag for up to 7 days. So I say, start out the week with a butt-load of scrambled eggs and some muffins you made ahead and stuck in the freezer. The kids can have hot breakfast until they're sick of it,(which will probably be the third day) and ASK for cold cereal.---Lisa (Clan of the Cave Hair.)
This cracked me up. Martha avoids my house like the plague...after she found out that I don't iron my sheets.
I thought that putting a bra on before breakfast or even lunch was taboo.
Post a Comment