
We are big on trying to teach our children the value of serving others. We try to help people out when we can and love to involve the kids whenever we can. Last night was no different. Our church owns a very large orchard full of all sorts of fruit trees. They need them harvested several times a year depending on when the different fruits are ready for picking. This week it's peaches. Can I just say that peaches are delicious to eat but really suck to pick? It's not because I'm as short as one of the Pygmies, it's because of the fuzz. Peach fuzz is the most evil thing on the planet! (At least today it is.) Every time I picked a peach that was even a little bit above me a mist of fuzz would rain down. Because I was looking up while picking, it went all over my face, neck, arms and even down my shirt. I must have looked pretty silly trying to scratch here and there without people really knowing what I was up to. Lucky for me, a shower quickly fixed the problem when we got home.
On the bright side, Ian and Abbey are no longer afraid of heights. They both scaled the ladders that were out there and started picking what I couldn't reach. All in all it was a pretty awesome night.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment