Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Abbey the destroyer & a bottle of bleach

This morning I asked Abbey to get dressed and to put her dirty clothes in the laundry room. It's a very standard request - one that I make daily. I guess that's why I'm not sure what makes this morning any different from all of the other mornings we've had. She went into the laundry room to deposit her dirty pajamas and didn't come back out. I asked Emma to run in and check on her and Emman came back telling me I HAD to go see what Abbey was up to. I went in to see what was up and found that she had opened up the bottle of Clorox 2 and had dumped the entire contents into the washing machine. Not so bad, right? Wrong! I had a load in the washer that was waiting to move to the dryer. Clorox 2 is a color safe bleach, right? We'll see how it turns out when it's been through it's 3rd or 4th rinse cycle to get all of the bleach out. I love my child, I love my child, I love my child... (stop laughing!)

No comments: