Monday, December 31, 2007

The Adventures of Mega Cool & The Cheese Nibbler

Yesterday Ian started telling us all about someone named Mega Cool. He told us that Mega Cool is a super hero that lives in Ian's imagination. He's green, can run faster than Dash (From the Incredibles movie), he is a cat that can walk on his back legs and he's a giant with one arm that is a gun. Sometimes he can even look like Ian, or maybe Ian can turn into him. I'm not sure. Anyway, he's Ian's new imaginary friend and he's all we've heard about for the last two days. We've had a pretty good time getting Ian to tell us more about him because he gets more and more fantastic each time.

Last night we went to Jeff's parents house for Sunday dinner. After we'd eaten and everyone was sitting around talking Abbey walked into the living room with a 2 liter bottle of 7-UP and was drinking it! She had raided Grandma's fridge and decided that she was thirsty. I thought that her adventures into the kitchen had pretty much ended there, but I got a phone call this morning from Jeff's mom and she said that she had to tell me what Abbey had done last night. She said that after we'd all left for the night she was talking to Jeff's dad and commented on Abbey taking the 7-UP and how funny that was. Well, he just grinned at her and asked her to follow him into the kitchen. He opened up the fridge, then the cheese drawer. He pulled out the brick of cheddar and showed her little teeth marks from where Abbey had chewed her way through the plastic so that she could get a bite of cheese! You'd think that we never feed this kid!!! The funny thing is, that only about an hour earlier she said she wasn't hungry and didn't eat her dinner. Oh, my child!

Okay, one more Abbey story from yesterday and then I'll hush up. We went to church yesterday and sat through sacrament meeting with the kids. A typical Sunday for us at the start. When it was time to take Abbey to her little classroom I reminded her that if she needed to go potty to go and not to wet her pants. (We've had issues the last week or two at church) When I went to pick her up after church was out the teacher told me that she'd gone to the restroom several times and that there were no accidents this week! We were so happy! We then got all of the kids together and headed out to the car. Jeff stopped to chat with someone in the parkinglot and so did I but we could both see the kids from where we were and saw that they had climbed into the car. I finished my conversation first and headed to the car. Ian and Emma were in their chairs and were playing some sort of game with each other. I asked where Abbey was and neither one of them remembered her getting into the car. The hunt for the little lost redhead began! Before you start to get worried, please know that we trust and love the members of our congregation - our church building is also in the middle of the sticks so she couldn't have gotten far if she decided to walk somewhere, however unlikely it would have been. Anyway, Jeff started to walk along the outside of the building in case she wanted to play hide-and-seek in the bushes and I went inside to start looking in the chapel and classrooms. I'd looked about everywhere I could think of when I passed by the restroom. I went in and started looking for feet under the stalls. A lady washing her hads asked if I was looking for someone and I explained to her what Abbey looks like. She said that a little girl was in one of the stalls - it was Abbey. I guess she hadn't gone to the bathroom enough during the 2 hour time period we were there and needed to go some more.

That's all folks! Happy new year and I'll see you in 2008!!!

No comments: