Saturday, January 19, 2008

A friend of ours from Salt Lake called today. They moved just before we did but they moved to Texas. Amanda, you AMAZE me!!! Her husband needs a kidney transplant (this will be transplant #2 for them) and he's pretty sick. She has the wonderful ability to be upbeat and has faith that can move mountains. I just read her blog -I cried. It's hard to know the extent of the difficulties that have faced them over the last several months. Wow. You've inspired me to be more optimistic and more understanding with my loved ones. I love you to pieces and am praying for you and your family.

We've had an uneventful couple of days. Emma came home from school on Thursday begging for me to let her friend come over for a sleep over that night because she didn't have school on Friday. (Thankyou Dr. Martin Luther King!) I told her that Jeff had to work Friday morning but that we could probably do one Friday night. It was a roudy night, to say the least. I have never seen such rambunctious 7 year olds in my life! They were just plain out of control. We had to remind them to calm down several times before they finally got the hint. Oi! We convinced Emma that she needed a nap today after her friend went home this morning and, thank goodness, she finally drifted off to sleep. I hate the sleep over blues...

Jeff's in town for a couple of weeks this time - yeah! It seems like he's gone an awful lot lately. It's just going to get worse, though. He's gotten a promotion at work and is now in charge of figuring out why people are leaving the job so often - there's a word for it, I just don't know how to spell it! Anyway, he has to go to every call center that the company owns and sit down with the people in charge at each one to figure out where they're going wrong and then try to find a way to fix it. Nice, eh? We'll see.

Life's pretty great for us right now - I honestly don't have any complaints. Okay, maybe one... I just want Abbey to go to the bathroom in the TOILET without me having to take her in there. I know it can happen.....

1 comment:

amanda said...

I am glad to get your blog address! I have wondered how you guys are doing and now I can keep up with you. I have so little time to call friends that this is the next best thing. And don't be amazed with me...its because of friends like you who pray for me that I can do anything. Without the Lord I would be lost. ~amanda