Friday, January 25, 2008

Not Just For Your Pots & Pans Anymore!!!

Why is it, do you think, that I'm ALWAYS writing about my little Abbey? *sigh* So today I've been cleaning, doing laundry and even baking. I'm trying to defeat my arch nemesis...bread. I've never been able to bake a great loaf of bread. I'm not sure if it's just because the yeast hates me or if I stink at kneading the dough. I keep trying, though, and today was one of my many recent attempts to get a loaf of bread to rise AND taste half way decent. I had kneaded the dough and sprayed the bowl with non-stick cooking spray so that I could put the dough in it to rise. I then went into my room to lay down for a few minutes. That was a mistake, apparently. The children were being so good. I guess I put myself into a false sense of security - dumb, dumb, dumb. The next thing I know Jeff is coming into the room asking me if I've given Abbey a bath because her hair was all wet - so was much of the kitchen floor. Come to find out they weren't wet, they were greasy. Yep, I left the spray on the counter and Abbey got a hold of it and decided to spray down the house as well as herself. I must admit, I did not respond in a lady-like manner. I'm sorry - I've repented. Abbey spent several minutes in time out and then got plopped into the bathtub for a degreasing. So my bread turned out - wonderfully, actually. Too bad I can't remember what I did because I was mad that my dining room and kitchen turned into a skating rink. Oh well, I'll perfect it on another day.

No comments: