Last night we were getting the kids ready for bed. We had read our scriptures, said a family prayer and the kids had all gone potty. Now it was time for personal prayers with the kids. Jeff went in with Abbey to help her and I went in with Ian. Normally all I do is kneel down at his bedside with him and he prays to his Heavenly Father. Last night was not differen in THAT regard, it was a unique prayer, though. It went something like this:
Dear Heavenly Father,
Have I been naughty this year? .... Yep, I guess I have. But will you do me a favor? Will you talk to Santa for me? He knows if you've been naughty or nice because he has traveling elves that watch kids and tell Santa all about it. So, will you talk to him? Just tell him the ancient secret, you know the one. Thanks, Heavenly Father.
Then he closed in Jesus' name. That was the most unusual prayer I've heard from my little Ian. As I was leaving the room he asked me if I thought that Heavenly Father knew the ancient secret - I assured him that the Lord knows EVERYTHING. This morning I asked Ian what the secret is, he muttered some mumbo-jumbo in a language that he's made up. I'm not sure he knows what it is either. I'm glad he knows he can talk to God about anything - even Santa!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment