Saturday, September 8, 2007

Maybe he'll turn out to be normal...I hope.

So, yesterday Ian and Abbey went with me to exchange something at the Home Depot. They love to ride in the "car cart", a cart that looks like a car that they can sit in and pretend to drive. Anyway, as we were getting into the van to leave, Ian started to make this high pitched noise that really curled my toes. I asked him not to do it in the car but when we got out he could make as much noise as he wanted to. I must have forgotten all about it because when we got to the Home Depot and the kids were buckled into their pretend car he started to make this high pitched, and VERY LOUD, Cock-A-Doodle-Do!!!! It took several minutes before I was able to convice him that he had said it enough times for the roosters in the next county to hear! On top of that he was wearing his plastic Batman face mask with his Spiderman sunglasses over the top of it. Abbey looked really cute when we left the house with her hair in 2 pigtails and her outfit was even clean. When SHE got out, one pigtail was out and her shirt had red and yellow drooled stripes down the front - I think she found a couple of M&M's that she had stashed away some time ago. Oh my. I think we looked like a bunch that just escaped from the asylum! I had to keep telling myself that no one knew who we were and that we wouldn't be there that long. There was an older couple just laughing and shaking their heads at us. I can't wait until I'm old enough to giggle at little ones and "remember when."
We went to the airport to pick up Jeff last night and the kids were so excited that they all started talking at once. Ian decided that the only way he was going to be heard was if he yelled everything he wanted to say - my head hurts today...

No comments: