Thursday, September 6, 2007

Another day another dollar...

Not much going on today. Some ladies from church and I got together to put together a pre-school for our kids. We decided that they'd get more attention from us and we'd save some cash if we just did it ourselves. We have several pre-school manuals and feel like we're going to do well. We've also planned some fun field trips for the "school year." We'll rotate each week - a different mom will teach at her home each time, which will give the rest of us time to run errands without kids! Sweet freedom! Ha, ha, just kidding.
Emma has decided today that her black go-go boots make her feet sweaty and stinky...but that she still likes them. I guess she's learning that there's a price to pay for high fashion. All women must make the decision at some point in their lives to live with pain or discomfort so that they can look good. :)
Abbey thinks that stealing frozen waffles is the best treat in the house - weird. I can't seem to keep her out of the freezer. At least she can't reach the cheese in our new fridge -certain disaster has been averted.
Jeff's in Salt Lake this week. He's going to the Philippines at the end of next week for 8 or 9 days. I hate those trips - they're really long for all of us.
Funny story of the day:
Abbey and Ian are thrilled that the windows in our family room are low enough for them to look out of without having to drag a chair over to them. It's been a little cooler lately so I have kept the windows open during the day to save electricity. Our neighbor, Katie, was outside today and Ian yelled to her to see if she could play. Katie is in her late 50's or early 60's. Do you think he could get her to put on one of his super hero capes and pretend that they're flying around the family room? Perhaps next time...
Sorry this post is boring. I'm recovering from a migraine and am not sure if I make sense or not. I guess I'll read it tomorrow and see where I stand. Tootles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Amy,
We'll be praying for a safe trip for Jeff and your sanity while he is away.
Aunt Simona

Ellen said...

I love Ian Wixom! He's my favorite little dude. Maybe I'll get a chance to come play soon, I'll totally wear a cape. Your house is beautiful. We love you!

Josh & Ellen