Tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, green beans, peas, pumpkins. We've really enjoyed our garden this year, everything's been so yummy and it's great to be able to go out and pick something 10 minutes before you need to add it to dinner. Well, I guess I should clarify. When I say 'we' enjoy the garden, I mean everyone over the age of 18 in our home.
Here's an example:
Tonight for dinner we had chicken enchiladas with diced Anaheim peppers (from the garden) mixed into the chicken as well as fried zucchini (also from the garden). The enchiladas were delish - no complaints there. The zucchini, on the other hand, was like death to the monkeys. Most of the kids plugged their noses and just gagged it down when dessert was dangled in front of their noses like a carrot. BUT monkey #2 decided that he would have none of it. He kicked. He screamed. He cried! Oh the pain! The agony of having to choke down 2 slices of the dreaded green vegetable! He came into the living room 25 minutes after everyone else was done and proclaimed that he could NOT eat them because they were the "most worstest thing in the world!!!" **Please note that an hour earlier practicing the piano was the "worstest thing in the world".
So. Jeff has a talk with the monkey and tries to explain to him that he needed to have courage to eat the zucchini. He needed to look at it like Super Man would look at kryptonite and ATTACK the zucchini! The boy took a couple of quick breaths and ran back into the kitchen, determined to beat the dreaded green yuck. A few minutes later he came out, triumphant! Good job, monkey! You did it!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

1 comment:
I just love reading our blog. It makes me laugh.
Post a Comment