Last year the kids went to a school that was new and didn't have a cafeteria so they brought sack lunches every. day. It got old. Really fast. This year, since the founders of the other school are a few fries short of a Happy Meal, we are sending the kids to the local public school. Whoopee.
Anyway...
There IS a cafeteria at this school and we've determined that we're going to allow hot lunches to be purchased for the whole clan for a couple of reasons:
A - it's expensive to buy 2 or 3 lunch boxes for each kid because they "accidentally" lost it during recess
B - I made a LOT of jam last summer and it was barely enough
C - if I have to hear one more complaint about how disgusting PB&J is I'll rip my hair out
D - it's not that much more to just pay the cute ladies at the school to cook for me! (This is the best and most convincing reason )
E - I'm lazy. I'll admit it. Getting up an extra 20 minutes to pack lunches for 3 monkeys is just too much for me sometimes.
Okay, so we've determined that pigs in a blanket and breakfast burritos are the way we're gonna roll this year so I go to the school and fork over the cash to keep my monkeys fed for a week or two. That afternoon Ian happily marches up to me with a little note: "Please send money for Ian's lunches. He has a negative balance of -$2.75". At first I just assumed that they hadn't had time to post the check to his account, crumpled the note into a wad and shot a three-pointer into the kitchen garbage can followed by the touch-down dance (arms in the air with fingers doing the victory sign). A couple of days later Emma and Abbey also had cute little notes and I began to get nervous. I called - "Don't worry, Ms. Zoo Keeper, we've got it under control. Let the system update."
A week goes by...
"Please send money for ALL of your kids lunches or they will be forced to lick the floor clean to get anything to eat today" (I used a little creative license there - they didn't really have to lick the floor...just dig through the left overs in the garbage can.)
I call again. "Oh! Darn, Ms. Zoo Keeper! I thought I'd applied that money for you! Hmmm... now where did I put that?" This is where steam starts to slowly seep out of my ears (I was building up to a spectacular melt down - can you see it coming?)
Finally I decided that I'd just let them send notes and wait until the cash had been exhausted before I sent more money.
Today's the day! I'm going to put some lipstick on, curl my hair and wear my best 'crazy momma' outfit and march myself over there to slam a couple of twenties on the counter. Do you think that the twitch in my left eye will convince them to get it right this time?
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

2 comments:
Amy You are so wonderful. Just thought I would tell you that
I absolutely love it!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!
Post a Comment