The other day Ian was showing us a super cool science experiment that he did in school. It required 2 glasses of water, green and blue food coloring and 2 stalks of celery. We filled the glasses and got the celery ready while Ian added 2 drops (what I really mean is the whole bottle) of food coloring to each glass. We put the celery in and then sat, like Johnny Bench, staring at the cups as the celery drank and drank and drank. Then we had company come over for dinner and the experiment was left to sit on the opposite counter.
Fast forward to the next morning when the forgotten green and blue water/celery are whining that they got ignored by everyone because someone cooler came around. (Wahhhh!!! Puh-lease) They got me back for neglecting them, though. I was moving stuff around, cleaning up after our par-tay when they decided to JUMP up and down to get my attention. But they're a little clumsy, see, and they tipped right over! Green and blue celery water went EVERYWHERE.
After using some highly offensive language (dagnabbit! (I learned that one from Abbey)) I got my cute kitchen towel and started to mop up the mess, tossed the towel into the laundry hamper and gave myself a pat on the back for a job well done.
Fast forward to today. (Psst...it's laundry day, in case you didn't know)
I started sorting the laundry and found a beautifully tie-died towel half way down the pile. "Wonder where I got that?" I shrugged my shoulders and kept sorting. Then I came to Jeffrey's Granimals Underoos (we'll call them his "G's" for short, k?) So I found some of Jeffrey's G's and they're tie died too. So I started a load and dumped soap, vinegar (because it makes your whites brighter, apparently), and even some Oxy something-or-other in the tub for good measure. Hopefully it'll all come out. It may not. But if it doesn't, isn't Jeff lucky??? He gets to have green and blue underoos! I'll bet he's going to be thrilled when he gets home! Oooh! Even better, I'll just wash them and tuck them nicely away in his G's drawer so he can discover them on his own!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

1 comment:
i'm going to tell on you when jeffrey gets home!! then you'll be in SO much trouble!!
Post a Comment