I've been pretty spoiled lately. My hub had a talk with the Big Cheese at work and declared that there would be less traveling OR ELSE!!! I'm not sure what his real plans for the "or else" were, but he tried to sound as menacing as possible. Too bad they all know he's all about his stinkin' work ethic and can't help but do a good job even when alls he has to do is lift his little finger.
*snort*
So he's a traveling man again, leaving on a jet plane - like John Denver. Only he knows when he'll be back again. Thursday. But then he'll skedaddle a couple of days later and head out to Dallas. Blah, blah, blah - needless information. My point is that he's gone and I'm going through withdrawals worse than a meth addict who's trying to dry out. Or air out. Or get clean by scrubbing themselves with Irish Spring. And the kids can feel it. Maybe because they see the carpet bags under my eyes or the fact that I can't seem to make them stop sweating all the time. (Silly sweating eyeballs.)
Anyway.
They smell blood and are going in for the kill every chance they get. Which is why at 7:02 last night the bedroom doors were closed, lights off, prayers said, teeth brushed and potty-ing was done. Because I was done. Like a turkey on Thanksgiving afternoon. Only it was night time and I wasn't being served with a side of cranberry sauce. (Which is good because I don't particularly like cranberry sauce.)
Today starts a new day. I've made a calendar for the urchins (I mean that in the nicest possible way) that will chart their kindness/happiness levels for the next month while Jeff is away and there will be heavy amounts of bribery involved.
Wish me luck.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

2 comments:
He's gone for a whole month??? I would be going crazy. ((hugs)) and luck!
good luck my friend. I would totally help you if I lived closer. I hope your monkeys go easier on you.
Post a Comment