Monday, August 30, 2010

My cup runneth over...literally

Well, not my cup. It's my mom's cup. And actually it's not technically a cup, it's an old jumbo sour cream container from Costco. Come to think of it, monkey #1 & #2's cup/bucket ran over this weekend too. Onto the carpet. And all over the sheets.

I think it's time to count my blessings:

1. sheets are washable especially after all chunks have been removed via the water hose from the back yard

2. Lysol comes in some pretty unique smells - I like citrus right now

3. I'm a genius for thinking ahead and putting mattress covers on the beds (pat on the back for that one)

4. neighbors who have their own carpet cleaners & who are willing to share R.O.C.K!!

5. we have brown carpet, which hides the beautiful shade of orange that came spewing out until we could borrow carpet cleaner from the neighbor

6. the stomach flu can last only 24 hours or longer. We only got the 24 hour one. (AND I'm pretty sure it was some questionable pepperoni pizza that was consumed Friday night)

That's all I can come up with right now. How was your weekend?

4 comments:

Alanya/Ally said...

Oh, so sorry. My girls were sick with that yucky bug last week. And I totally agree that thank goodness it was the 24 hour instead of the long one.

Hope everyone feels better soon!!!

Crazy8 said...

I love that you can look at the positive in a situation like that. My "Handy-Girl" got car sick (I think) and her handy runneth over. She was right by the bathroom, too. I guess it didn't click that it would be easier to clean up the uncarpeted bathroom floor as opposed to the carpeted hallway. Oh, well, she is only 5.

Crazy8 said...

I do hope you are all feeling better, though.

Ellen said...

No bueno! Hope ya'll get better soon! It's almost time to party!