Okay, so I know that I haven't been very diligent in blogging lately. Truth be told, I haven't really been much in the mood - sorry. Usually I find that this is a pretty good outlet for me to try to convey thoughts and feelings and I just haven't been able to do that for the last couple of weeks. I hope that y'all will still be my friends and that you'll hang out a little longer as I try to find my way out of this fog that I seem to find myself in.
I think that I'm a pretty faithful person. I have a belief in God and His plan that is rooted fairly deep, I feel. A couple of weeks ago that faith, that belief was tested. I have been shaken and right now I feel like I'm on a slippery piece of ice. I know where the sure footing is, but I'm struggling to get there. I'm getting closer, though. My husband likened it to a muscle that has had a nail driven through it. 
You have a couple of options: 1) let it fester and fester as you still try to use it with the nail still there, 2) stop using the muscle and just let it atrophy, or 3) work to get the nail out and then heal the muscle. Hopefully it will make a stronger muscle in the process. So bear with me for awhile longer. The nail has been removed, I think, and now I'm working on getting the wound to heal. My heart aches, my knees are sore from spending so much time on them and my eyeballs leak but I'm pretty sure that's required.
But from now on...Happy, Cheerful and Uplifting Thoughts!
P.S. Thanks for listening...
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

13 comments:
I've had moments when my faith has been tested, usually because life doesn't work out the way I'd like it to (not quite as shallow as that sounds) or just simply isn't fair or on occasion a member is just awful. I've always found that when I've stayed true to my Savior that a lot of things become clear later on and I'm very grateful that I stuck with it! I hope you have a good Sunday!
Oh Amy, I am so sorry. If you ever need a "break" let me know. We'll go do something. I know how you feel. I have certainly struggled. This last year especially has been tough on me, and certainly been hard. It's hard to even want to talk about it. I understand the pain and confusion. I hope that things will get better and work out. (I just hate the "in the Lord's time" part. I am not a very patient woman.) Keep up the good fight.
I'm sorry your struggling, but I know your stronger than your giving yourself credit for. I hope you will find what your looking for, my prayers are with you...
We will be parying for you! We love you. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance to our sweet Amy.
I hope you are okay??? I'll still be here when you get back.
Oh I'm so sorry that you are struggling. It is so hard to struggle through somethings when it seems it would be so much simpler to just give up or give in. I know where you are coming from. I hope you can find some answers and some peace soon.
Amy, hang in there. It gets so hard sometimes. It is hard seeing the light at the end of the tunnel but what sometimes helps me is maybe reading a book or talking to someone who is struggling worse than I am(not to sound horrible or anything), but it just seems to put things in perspective for me and I tend to think,"man if they can make it through that, surely I can make it through what I am going through".
Good luck Amy. Just know that there is a lot of people out there who love you.
Hey so is your mom here to stay and did she buy a house here or is she staying with you. That is really cool to have your mom so close.
:) And that's all...
Hang in there, Amy. Just remember that hard times like this DO make you stronger and also a better, more useful tool in the Savior's hands.
Give me a call if you need anything. We can let the kids murder each other while we watch Anne of Green Gables...
you have no idea how much your words struck home...thank you for sharing your struggling time. lately i've been reminded of the "refiners fire" and i know that somehow we will all be lead to where we need to be. i think sometimes our tests are mainly to draw us closer to our Savior, and when we get through it and find our way back to Him then it will be that much sweeter! i love you my friend!
Hey Amy! I am sorry you are feeling so down, I would feel the same! You are awesome. I will bring you some chocolate........that makes everything better, right? Hang in there. Everything happpens for a reason. You are just the greatest!!!
It seems that when life is going the best, the Lord throws you a curveball. Just remember that the Lord knows what He is doing and we will fully comprehend his ways in the life to come. Embrace the scriptures, embrace prayer, embrace your eternal partner, and the most important, embrace your beautiful kids! (Which I'm sure you've got all those checked off anyway.) We love ya, we pray for you for whatever struggles you may be handling, and I always have a listening ear if you need it. Let me know if you want to meet at the park and let the kids play someday!
Ok, so it seems like I'm always the last grape on the vine. I have a ton I want to say to you, but I'll save that for non-cyberspace. Just know that we are seriously thinking about you and the fam, and we had a good long prayer with you guys as the heart of it this morning. :)
Post a Comment