Monday, July 27, 2009

The Green Machine


You know, they say that boys never really grow up. Look at Peter Pan, for instance. That kid just wanted to play and play and play! Well, we've found a toy that has brought out Jeff's inner "Peter". The other night we had some friends of ours over for dinner. As we were finishing up eating some yummy chicken tacos (thanks Christen!) Todd says to Jeff, "Hey! I've got something out in the car to show you." So he followed him out to see what treasure lay hidden in the back seat. Then I hear a whoop and a loud laugh from the front yard. Christen rolled her eyes and then we went out to see what all the hulla-baloo was about. Todd, you see, has a Green Machine. Basically it's a big wheel for men who never really grew up.
Todd was pedalling as fast as he could down the sidewalk and then he'd spin the wheel and the bike would go skidding across the neighbor's driveway. (Sorry next door neighbor!) Then it was Jeff's turn. You could see the giddiness in his eyes as he sat down. He was so excited that he didn't even care that his knees were right next to his ears, the pedals were so close. Here are some pictures of the boys (and Emma) playing Saturday night.



Want one of your own? Head on over to Toys 'R' Us and get one!

2 comments:

Linda Gibbs said...

That so SOOO Jeff!

Ellen said...

Okay I'm finally seeing the photos. I'm dying laughing at these photos! I'm tempted to send one to Jeff for Christmas. Look at the pure joy!