Thursday, July 23, 2009

Coolest Mom EVER!


Well, at least for 15 or so minutes. The city does lunch in the park every week day for kids 18 and under. We go occasionally, depending on how rowdy the kids have been and whether or not they did their chores. So today was a, mostly, conflict free morning and I decided that we could treat ourselves to lunch in the park. We were serenely sitting on the hillside under the shade of a couple of huge trees. There was even a nice breeze kissing our cheeks as we sat. Ahhh....
Then Emma came running up to me, after she'd rolled down the hill a couple of times, and asked if she could run through the sprinklers that were a little ways off. "Of course you can", I said. (Because I'm an AWESOME mom!) So all of the kids go running off to get wet and I'm sitting there smiling as they giggle and squeal. Good times. Until I realize that the city probably uses the ditch water as their means of watering the grass. Hmmm....do I spoil the fun now and save them from possibly getting sick or do I just say, "Meh. What doesn't kill them (or give them the runs...) makes them stronger." Tough choice, I have to say. I opted for fun. I figured that if I can water my vegetable garden with ditch water without them getting sick, I can let them splash in it for a bit.

4 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

You made a good choice. There are so few years in life when we can run through sprinklers at the park! And I think the water in Idaho is pretty clean, even the ditch water, as long as you aren't gulping it down. :)

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Heck... it's water... and maybe you were wrong? lol!

Jennifer Edwards said...

Shoot! I love it...can just picture them know, all curled up over and praising the porcelain god ;-P j/k I bet they had a great time and was fun for you to watch the smiles on their faces :)

alicia said...

Seriously I love those times when I get to be the kool-aid mom, to bad it's long in between. Good choice.