Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Ward Easter Lunch & Hunt

Today the ward had an Easter lunch and egg hunt. Jeff had to go to his folk's house to finish cleaning up all of the tree limbs that they hacked down last weekend so it was just me and the kids - Carolyn was going to meet us there. I signed up to bring a potato salad (which was pretty good, if I do say so myself!)and so we had to get there a little bit early so that it would be ready for people when it was lunch time. Can I just say that I HATE going to that stuff alone? The kids were bored and started hiding under the table. Abbey was VERY hungry and wanted to go and snitch food from the big tables at the front of the room. Emma wanted to go and socialize with her friends. *sigh* Finally we said a prayer and everyone got in line to get their food. I got all of the kids settled with their lunches and then Carolyn came. Abbey decided that she was going to stand in line with Carolyn so that she could help Savannah hold her plate and I learned later that Abbey taste tested all of the food on the table by getting a scoop with the serving spoon and tasting it! Oh my.
Next was the Easter egg hunt. Little plastic eggs littered the grassy areas around the church and the kids loved it! We were asked to only let our kids gather 4-5 eggs each so that there would be enough for everyone. Apparently none of the kids got the concept because all of them just kept on picking up eggs. Thankfully, my kids weren't the only ones who conveniently forgot how to count. Now we're all sugared up and the kids are down for quiet time while I get to have some "me time".
Jeff's still with his dad and brother. They're celebrating Captain Kirk's birthday by watching as many Star Trek movies as they can before they go into comas. I personally don't understand the attraction that Star Trek holds, but I also don't understand the whole Star Wars phenomena either.

3 comments:

Hiller Family said...

What a fun activity. I know I always appreciate my husband a little bit more after I take on an activity without him.

Thoughts living in unincorporated Salt Lake County's suburbia said...

"Live long and prosper." It's a guy thing. Probably something associated with the Y chromosome (they haven't mapped that part yet, when they do, they'll see the starship Enterprise). Happy Birthday Captain Kirk!

Linda Gibbs said...

I understand the going places alone with the kids thing. Sometimes it's okay, and other times you vow to never do it again!