It's been a busy couple of days! I took Ian to the doctor's office on Wednesday for his pre-kindergarten shots. He knew they were coming and was okay with it until he saw the nurse walk in with the needles. He started screaming before she even got the needle ready...another nurse poked her head in the door and asked if she was okay or if she needed some extra help. We were okay - just a little hysterical. Ian worked himself up so much, however, that he gave himself a bloody nose. Let's just say it was a good thing that I wore a black shirt that day. YUCK! As soon as she was done he asked if he could go and get some ice cream. A chocolate frosty from Wendy's was just what he wanted. (How can you say "no" to a kid who just had to have 4 shots AND got a bloody nose???)
Yesterday was the pre-school field trip to the zoo. Oh my. We had 9 little kids with us and, boy, was it fun. We spent some time trying to get kids to stay with the group, getting kids to stop fighting with one another and trying to get them to actually look at the animals. I brought string cheese and fruit roll-ups and it was a good thing - kids got hungry and GRUMPY. It might have been because it was snack time and they were hungry or it just might have been because they saw the Merry Go-Round and wanted a ride.
Today is picture day at Emma's school so everyone got up early. Ian and Abbey got to go play with Aunt Carolyn at 7:45 AM while Emma and I got to go to school. I even got to eat breakfast with Emma in the cafeteria. Yogurt...mmmmm. My job as one of the picture helpers was to get the kids in their poses. I had to smooth hair, tilt heads and put hands in just the right place. And for all of that I get a free portrait package! What else could a mom ask for?!?!? I think I might volunteer every year so that I can get free pictures.
Emma also gets to go to Carmen's house (Jeff's cousin) for a sleep-over with all of the cousins. It's a little girl sleep over and she's VERY excited. She gets to stay up as late as she wants to and eat as much junk as she can. Tomorrow around 10am is when she comes home. I think Carmen's got this sleep over thing figured out! Keep them up late and have a great time then send them home in the morning before they can get too grouchy. I think I see a nap in our future....
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment