Our van sounds like a hay-bailer. At least that's what Jeff's dad says. It DOES make a funny sound when it's just idling, I'll admit it. We're getting ready to drive to Colorado at the end of next week to visit my mom and wanted to get the funny sound checked out so that we didn't get stuck somewhere along the way. I always worry about stuff like that because, with MY rotten luck, we'd probably stop to go potty somewhere and the car'd blow up while we were all washing our hands! Anyway, we're using a friend's mechanic and he just called to let us know that the cost is going to be about $1300...OUCH! I guess we need a new alternator, among other things.
On a happier note, last night I had some women from the ward come over to practice a song we're going to be singing for an upcoming meeting. Jeff was at the church fulfilling his responsibilities so the kids were all here with me. I'm not sure how your children are, but when we have visitors my kids seem to kick the hyper-activity up about 4 notches. They were SO WIRED!!! Abbey stacked the throw pillows from the couch onto the love seat and started leaping from couch to couch. My back was turned towards the piano, so I didn't see her until one of the other women started laughing. She looked like a tree frog leaping from branch to branch. Ian and Emma were also crazy. It's a good thing that Jeff came home when it was bed time - I needed a time out.
One more story... yesterday was Abbey's day to be an artist!!! Too bad her canvas was herself. She was drawing on paper at first and then decided that it would look much better on her. Everything from her face to her clothes and even the bottom of her feet were decorated. Then she went into the bathroom to wash up. (I know, I should know better by now, right?) Anyway, I went in to check on her and she had water all over the floor, the counter, the sink was full and the toothbrush holder had been filled as well. Yeesh.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

2 comments:
Sorry to hear about your vehicle. I hate spending precious money on items like that. Abbey is hilarious, she reminds me of Avery. Hope your having a good day!
I can sympathize, woman! With Grace and Megan, it's like, what one doesn't think of, the other one does! Talked to Ruth, she's doing good. I am planning a trip soon.
Post a Comment